CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Another Ultrasound!


I had a Doctor's appointment last Thursday to have a regular OB checkup and also to have another ultrasound to check the spine and all heart chambers. They weren't able to see those things clearly last time because the baby wouldn't cooperate.(He did cooperate fully to tell his gender though! HA!!) I thought I would share one of the profile views that they printed out for me. These ultrasounds are getting more and more clear. When I had Katy, I don't remember them being quite so clear. You can see the perfect outline of the head, ears, nose and mouth. Amazing! We still haven't come up with a definite name. I have brainstormed and thought of many and Phillip has thought of a few, but nothing definite yet.

On another note, I wanted to share somewhat of a recipe with you that we had the other night that I loved. I have had it before but it has been awhile. It may not appeal to you but I have been having spicy, savory food cravings. I like those types of foods best under normal circumstances but I really love them these days. It is for a black bean and corn salsa. My sis-in-law Kay makes it but I did a couple of different things. I don't really measure but I will try to give approximately how much or you can judge to your taste. We had this along with chicken enchiladas and yellow rice. You can use it as a garnish or eat it with tortilla chips like we did.
-1can drained, rinsed black beans
-Approx. 1 cup or more frozen, rinsed, corn(do not cook)
-1/2 finely diced, purple onion
-2-3 tbsp ex virgin olive oil
-juice of one fresh lime (can sub lemon but lime tastes better)
-1-2 diced, seeded, medium sized tomatoes
-1 seeded and diced jalapeno pepper
-approx. 1 cup torn cilantro leaves(I love lots of this)
-1/2-1 tsp grnd. cumin
-salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients and chill. Stir several times before serving to coat ingredients. I love lots of lime juice and cilantro. You can taper the pepper to your taste, although I like 2 jalapenos and if you seed them they aren't that hot. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!!!!

5 comments:

Kelly S said...

So exciting to see the baby!

The salsa looks wonderful. I know David and I would both love that. We love cilantro.

The Dickinsons said...

What a cute baby that is! =)

Your recipe sounds good, I'm sure that my Phillip would love it!

Thanks for your comment on my blog, I just emailed you the recipe that you requested for the hamburger buns.
=)

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I was amazed when Abby was born, how much she actually looked just like her ultrasound pictures.
I will have to try the salsa, I am always looking for good salsa recipes and this one looks really yummy!

Beth From Bynum said...

It's been 14 years since I had an ultrasound, and they have improved. Have you seen the new 3-D ones? They are really amazing and expensive!!

I'm glad that Eddie and I didn't have a boy. He would have had to be given a number instead of a name. We could never decide on a boy's name!! We had no trouble with girl's names.

I'm so glad that we are in touch with each other!!

Did you know Kris Faulk's wife had a baby girl Wednesday? I have photos if you'd like to see them.

Beth Larpenter Shurbutt

Liz said...

I knew she was expecting one but I would love to see the pictures! Glad we r in touch too..