CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

On the Flu and other random thoughts...

Hello friends! I have risen ever so gloriously out of the piles of dirty laundry and flu infested rooms of my house. Okay so maybe it isn't as glorious as I make it seem but I am happy to be back blogging as my daughter and I are on the mend from a major bout of the respiratory flu. Katy had a horrible case and thank the Lord mine was minor. After lots of money spent on going to the pediatrician and flu meds, we are doing much better thanks. Now I just need to get my house back in order. My hubby took a flu shot at work so he didn't get it...knock on wood. I never put a lot of stock in the flu shot so Katy and I didn't get one. I think I was wrong. I have some of Phillip's family coming for a visit in 2 weeks so .....I have so much to do.

On another note, Valentine's day is coming so I was feeling festive and wanted to change my blog around a little. We are going to be changing internet providers soon and haven't decided who to go with for sure, so I may not be able to blog for a couple weeks. I am sure you will all suffer great withdrawals until my return. I may be able to blog some on my mom's "beepooter" (As Katy says). I haven't really added new pictures lately because I don't get my pictures developed quickly enough and haven't yet bought a digital camera. Hopefully I will be able to get one soon.

I am happy to be feeling better with my pregnancy. With the exception of the small flu case, I have had more energy and overall good feeling. It is about time now that I am 5 months along!! I remember feeling much better with Katy and earlier on. This little boy is giving me a run for my money. I have been enjoying all of the great posts that everyone else has been writing even though I haven't been doing any of my own. I have esp. enjoyed Tara H. and SJV recent posts. If you haven't read them then do so...great posts that gave me much to think on.

11 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Yes, isn't it nice to be feeling much better with our pregnancies? WHEW! This baby of mine gave me a run for my money too! But, I'm glad that now I'm not gagging over everything and in bed all of the time. =)

These babies are so precious and I cannot wait to hold mine. Sorry y'all had the flu, that isn't fun! Glad you are feeling better.

Love, Heather

The Dickinsons said...

Forgot to say that I think that that is a cute pic of you and Phillip that you posted on the right of your blog. And that was a cute saying that you said about your first love being right across the room. =)

Heather

Kimberly said...

The change is cute...glad you're feeling better! Love to All!

Andrea said...

Been thinkin' about you - glad things are going better now!

kayla said...

What's going on you change to pink when you should change to blue.
Glad that the flu bug is on it's way to other regions.
Can't wait to meet a new cousin. Have you decided on a name yet?

Kelly S said...

Glad you're feeling better. Cute pic of you and Phillip.

Andrea said...

Hi Liz, I have set my blog to private, if you would like an invite just email me at babysickler@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Hope everything is going well for you guys!! :)

Tracy said...

HI Liz! Thank you for commenting on my blog. I actually was born in Sc and lived there most of my life until we moved to Fl two years ago. I know your husband from my childhood. Ask him if he remembers a Tracy Hobelman from Phil Newtons camp in Liberty,SC. It is nice to "meet" you and I will be checking out your blog as well. Congratulations on your pregnancy. You will soon see there is nothing quite like a little boy! :)Trust me ....I know!:)

Queen Essie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Queen Essie said...

Thanks for the comment on my page - I have missed "talking" to everyone on here. Just way 2 busy!

I am in the process of writing another blog titled - "Can you believe I am the mom of a 13 yr old now?!?!" - And my response will be - "No, me neither!" It actually kinda scares me thinking I don't know what I am doing here.

Gosh, girl, they grow up so incredibly quick. Alyssa will be 10in 3 weeks and Aric will be 9 this summer. I guess that officially makes me an old lady!! ha

Enjoyed your baby boy pix! Sooooo happy for you! I know I said that already but I just had 2 say it again!!

Love ya, girl!

Julia said...

Hey Liz, be assured you are missed in the blogging world.

Hope you are still feeling well.