CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Making Sausage and more....





This past week my father and Phillip went and got all of th stuff to make "Andouille". It is a heavily smoked Cajun sausage that we are not able to get here and we all use it often. We usually try to stock up on it when any of us go to Louisiana but we have long since been out of it. My dad and Phillip love to smoke meat, grill meat, make sausage and usually don't have the time to do it. They had a blast and we will definitely enjoy the fruits of their labor in many gumbos to come. I think we did approximately 11 or more pounds of meat to make it with so we are set for awhile at least. I helped chop, mix and taste of course.

Kyle is growing like a weed. I suspect that he weighs around 12 pounds or more. He eats and eats and eats. I am nursing him for 20-30 mins at a time and then he sometimes takes a formula bottle of 4 oz right after! Katy started K-4 this week and absolutely loves it. We managed to get a picture of her with her teacher Mrs. Hollie.I have also put many pictures on Facebook for those of you that have one. I have found that it is much easier to upload a lot of pictures at once on there. Enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

kayla said...

Love that smile on Kyle's face!
I think that sausage freezes well if you want to save some for me.

Liz said...

Yeah I think you mentioned that lol! I sure will though...should I bring you some if you come to La..Ha...in the land of Andouille...ha!