CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Name Written Down In Glory....





My cousin Kayla always sings this song in a rather humorous way to her children after they have been dedicated. (At least she did to Dylan) I am not making fun of the song but remembering her rendition and having sung it to Kyle...I thought it appropriate to name this post. We had Kyle dedicated to the Lord 2 Sundays ago and we do take this very seriously and note it to be a very special and joyous occasion. It was a simple and sweet ceremony that we had our Pastor, Ken Rice perform for us. (I guess "perform" may not be the best choice of words but you know what I mean) We got lots of pictures and had a nice day of fellowship and worship with our family.
Kyle and Katy have both been sick this past week. This is the third time that Kyle has been sick in his 14 weeks of age! Katy has now been sick twice since school started and this time was diagnosed with Bronchitis and put on Antibiotics and breathing treatments. Kyle didn't have quite as bad of a case thank goodness. I can honestly say that I am "sick" of sickness! During one of the doctor visits we had Kyle weighed again and he weighed 14 lbs 12.5 oz as of 3 days ago!! He is a little porker. He eats all of the time but he sleeps from 8pm until 6 or 7am! I am very blessed in that department I know. He has been sleeping this well since about 2 weeks old.
In other news we have nothing really newsworthy to report We are just enjoying our little family and all of the ups and downs of everyday life. Katy stays busy in K-4 and learning new things. We are enjoying her being there 3 days a week and so is she! I did miss her terribly at first but I have learned that I can do all sorts of things that are better done when she is not there i.e. going through old toys and clothes. She is a pack rat! I call her "Hattie" because I was always told that when my Aunt Hattie came to visit anyone that she brought everything in paper grocery bags for the stay and I always found this to be very humorous. Katy travels around the house making small stashes and piles of all sorts of things in bags and boxes and calls them her treasures. Very annoying indeed.
We are very much looking forward to a trip in November to Louisiana to see family and to celebrate my home church's 50th anniversary. We are very excited since we rarely get to go to La and we will be staying for a week or more! I will leave you with some photos now and since I am now holding a fussy Kyle I will say bye!!

10 comments:

kayla said...

Have you taught him to raise his hand while you sing? He should do it when you say "a sinner has come home". Don't you love it when I give helpful hints for raising demented children.
Looking forward to meeting our new little cuz at Thanksgiving.

Marty said...

I would LOVE to hear Kayla sing that song!! Maybe she will come north to sing for my little girl's dedication....I'd better start planning!!! You have a beautiful family! Wow, how the Lord has blessed us! Hope all is feeling better soon!
Marty

Anonymous said...

Nice family photo!

Liz said...

Just to clarify...Kayla didn't actually sing at the service...although that would be a funny way to "shake"things up assuming one wanted things all shook up at a dedication service lol! I am sure she would though..... if your request is serious that you wrote on her comments.. Marty!

Jennifer said...

Ohhh Sweet! He is getting really big. I can see Uncle John a bit in that face!!! He is a doll and so is Ms Katy! Love you all!

Jen

Jennifer said...

Ohhh Sweet! He is getting really big. I can see Uncle John a bit in that face!!! He is a doll and so is Ms Katy! Love you all!

Jen

Julia said...

I can actually hear Kayla singing that. Have you heard her do "The Howlin' Cowboy"? It's even better!!

Congrats, Kyle is a really handsome baby. Then again he's got a beautiful Mommy.

Queen Essie said...

What a cute lil guy! I know you can't believe I am even on here writng a comment since I have yet to update my blog since, well, March! Such a crazy life I lead!

Kimberly said...

I enjoyed these pics of the momentous day! Kyle is adorable and Katy makes a great lookin big sis w/her cute little hairdo! Lookin forward to seeing ya'll!

The Dickinsons said...

Nice post, nice family pic. =) Your baby boy and girl are cute.