CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

A Bit of Humor...


I just wanted to take a minute to share some funny things Katy has been saying. She never ceases to crack me up. I have no major pictures to share yet. I know I am way behind in blogging. Kyle is doing great. He will be 19 weeks tomorrow and has two bottom teeth. This of course has made not sleeping at night the major thing to keep me busy and exhausted. He weighs 16lbs and 11 oz. Anyway...I will be sharing pictures of costumes and Harvest Festivals as soon as I have them ready.

While riding in the car with Phillip and I the other day, Katy asked "Mommy why didn't Jesus make me a Mexican? I really wanted to be a Mexican girl." Phillip and I held in our laughter the best that we could and I gave a generic reply that basically said I was glad that Jesus made her just as she was and I wouldn't be happy with her any other way. She replied," Well when I grow up I want to be Mexican".

I was getting ready for church this past Sunday morning while listening to Katy sing one of her many colorful made up songs(hmmm....wonder where she gets that from?) and it went something like this."Every time I celebrate baby Jesus being born, the animals come to his manger and sing him a song, and Santa Clause comes to see him too, and the giraffes bow down and loooooooovvvvveeeeee him" anyway the song went on for quite awhile. It had no particular melody. I forgot to video it as usual.

Katy politely asked my dear 76 year old grandmother the other day why she had "cacks"(cracks) in her face. My grandmaw responded "Because I am old" and Katy said "Well when I get old I hope I don't have cacks like that"

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

funny stuff! (Poor Aunt Ruby:)

Beth From Bynum said...

I've missed your blogging but do understand!
I love the things you shared with us. I'm still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up. Being a Mexican is not a bad aspiration! I'm also starting my own collection of "cacks" and feel that they've been earned, just like my gray hair!! Enjoy these precious ones because they'll soon be grown and gone!!!

kayla said...

Hola, mi amigo! Fixing tacos for supper?
I just love listening to the songs kids make up. I bet Katy and Collin could come up with some good ones.
Tell Aunt Ruby that I like her "cacks". They give her personality.

Julia said...

So cute. I think it must be the food and warm weather. When I think of the Mexican sunshine and a good ol' Nacho Grande, deep inside I wish I were Mexican too.