CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

Here and There

I have been keeping up with the new posts that everyone has been posting but not really able to do any of my own. I have been so sick that I have hardly been able to do anything. I run to the kitchen in the mornings to gobble a small handful of Cheerios(for if I had to do the saltine thing I would get sicker as I can't stand them) and then proceed to try to fix my daughter something for breakfast as well. I remember being sick while expecting her...very sick. I don't recall it being this bad though. I have "morning sickness" throughout the day at times. Going to church has been difficult as we are in full swing of practicing for our Christmas program. We have decided in the winter months to have a 2pm service after a small lunch(everyone provides their own) on Sundays. This means Sunday am service, lunch, 2pm service then practice. Yesterday we were about wiped out. I know it will be worth it when the program turns out nice though.
My dear husband has to be a saint to put up with my house keeping skills as of late. I will admit that I am not usually the greatest domestic being under normal circumstances but here lately I have been doing good to make myself presentable and feed my daughter. Going into the kitchen makes me sick....so....doing dishes or opening the fridge has been a challenge. My hubby has been great helping with Katy's bath, keeping his laundry up and all while working no less than 60 hours a week and most of the time 70 or more!!! I feel guilty but what am I to do? I do make myself do a few things, while holding my breath(ha), that absolutely have to be done. I applaud the ladies who are able to work full time and keep up with several kids while pregnant. There is another girl in our church( a friend of mine) who is expecting and is 16 weeks with 2 little boys and a M-Sat job and seems to do fine. She told me she has never really been sick while pregnant...only tired. I guess I will be one to be sick every time. To make matters worse, with house work , our laundry area is in our basement and it has been very hard for me to get down there with a large or small load for fear of falling and being so sick. Oh well hopefully it will all pass in a few weeks. With Katy it lasted until 19 weeks!!!! Until then I guess I won't be blogging a lot except to keep up with everyone else's. As long as everything turns out okay I can deal with it. Please keep me, my housekeeping woes, and my family in your prayers if you think about it. Thanks so much for your prayers thus far.

6 comments:

kayla said...

Hang in there, it will get better. Don't worry about your house, there will be plenty of time to clean when the nesting syndrome sets in.
I do hope that you start feeling better. We will be praying.

Unknown said...

Hi
I was just wanting to tell about what I used for my pre-natal vitamins. It also helped with the having my baby. Jesherlah was a one push baby and the Doctor almost missed it. If you would
like to know more my e-mail is thefivejs@gmail.com
Phone# 970-361-4501 I hope you get to feeling better. Jodi

Andrea said...

I've been praying for you and will keep doing so...
Stromboli...unroll a Pillsbury French loaf onto a greased baking sheet, on one side layer with deli meats and cheese, onions, mushrooms - whatever you guys like. Fold other side on top, seal edges, cut slits in the top. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min.
I'm hearing "funny" noises, think I better go check them out :)

The Dickinsons said...

Oh, Liz, I've been there...AND AM DOING THAT!!! I run into the kitchen hold my breath to open the fridge, or the freezer, hold my breath while doing dishes, etc. This past Sunday after putting a chicken in the oven to bake, I came out to my dinning room table, ate my breakfast, and then went into the kitchen to put some green beans on to cook...and I smelled that chicken baking, and ran out of the kitchen and lost my breakfast!! UGH! So, please just keep encouraged, you are not alone. My house has looked like a cyclone hit it...our 2 Phillips are such dears to survive in this mess. BUT...WE WILL GET BETTER ONE OF THESE DAYS, and when we hold our precious little babies, we will sing the song, "It was worth it all....."! =D I'm 13 weeks along, so hoping to kick this nausea soon.

In the same boat,
Love ya, Heather =)

Queen Essie said...

Not in the same boat - but Jane is and I can at least feel for ya :) I have been thinking of you alot, hoping things were getting better for you. Don't worry about the house - only the necessities - the rest will get done eventually for your condition is only temporary (ok, big SIGH now)!

Love ya!

Anita Marie said...

Congrats! I'm just catching up on everybody's blogs since getting back from NC. So happy for you and Phil. I pray all goes well.