CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Katy-isms


Acting silly!



My daughter often says things that first need some discipline sent her way and second.....that CRACK ME UP! Yesterday on my exit from the restroom she applauded and said " Woohoo! Great job pottying mommy!" We are in the midst of potty training and that is usually my reaction to her doing her "duty".

-My mom, Katy , and I were riding in the car yesterday and Katy told my mom " Maw Maw, my mommy didn't feed me lunch and I am hungry" ( all while looking as pitiful as she possibly could) My mom told her she was sure that mommy had fed her. Katy replied...."Only a little bit of soup in a little bowl." We have also been working on telling things that are not true, which leads to the next thing she said last Sunday to her Sunday School teacher. She told her teacher that her she was getting a new baby sister and her name was going to be Heidi! Now nothing against the name Heidi but first of all I am not expecting and second I've never even mentioned naming a baby Heidi ever! Where she gets these things Heaven only knows.

Today..Katy was doing something that she wasn't suppose to and I had told her several times to stop. When she kept doing it I headed towards her "on a mission" and she innocently looked up and said " Mommy I love Jesus and you too". Obviously this totally sidetracked me from carrying through with my original plans of punishment ( which was what was probably intended on her part) and I ended up laughing and discussing with her what she had been doing wrong instead. I am really amazed at the things she says and is able to sense when you don't think she knows anything. I try to be careful about what is discussed in front of her because the next thing you know she is telling her Sunday school teacher. For some reason Katy feels compelled to walk in to Sunday school and ask her teacher first of all if she likes her dress(vanity, vanity ) then she proceeds to tell her whatever comes to her mind first. Any hooo....just a few little tidbits. It's raining again! Woohoo! Bye for now all..............

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I cracked up when I read about Katy telling you she loves Jesus and you. That was priceless. I miss her. Anyway, love your blog, just make sure you keep it up and I will pop in on it when possible! Love ya! Oh, and tell Philip WUZ UP MA....you know the rest! :0)

Liz said...

Ha yeah Beck!

Anonymous said...

That is too funny - Katrina keeps us "in stitches,too"! Doesn't it just rack your brain sometime trying to figure out how to teach them effectively, the difference between lying and the truth?!?!?!

Liz said...

Andrea..yes! I have really been battling with her on this issue. It isn't so much lying when asked a question as it is just making up crazy far out stories. I guess she has a great imagination is one way to look at it.

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Your little girl sounds like a barrel of monkeys. Kids really have a way of keeping you humble. One of my girls took her dress off in Sunday school. I guess she was more comfortable that way. I could have died. I'm glad you visited my blog. I am good friends with Kayla. We went over to their house a few days ago and she had some seafood--so yummy.

Kelly S said...

Liz, I'm glad you stopped by and visited my blog and thanks for your sweet comment! Now, who does she get that personality from?...:)

I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your pictures. Great to hear from you!

The Dickinsons said...

What a cute post! Yes, kids will say the most embarrassing things won't they. I think that this is God's way of keeping their parents humble. HA! I just was at Tara's blog and saw her comment to you about you calling Phillip ...PHEEEL, so I left her this comment.
Tara:
I happened to read your comment to Liz B. about her PHEEEEL and had to smile. My first year of dating my Phillip I called him that too...PHEEEL! Well, don't know if you know Anthony Webb or not, but he and my Phillip were in the same quartet and one weekend I got permission to ride down with the quartet to my home state of Tenn. Well, when we got there, Anthony (who is RARELY embarrassed) was talking to the Quesenberry family and was saying, "Yes, Heather and Phillip were sitting in the back and Heather was saying, "PHEEEL THIS AND PHEEEEL THAT...." and then he realized what he said and what IT SOUNDED LIKE HE WAS TALKING ABOUT, and was very "GOT" and turned BEAT RED...while the whole house HOWLED LAUGHING AT HIM!!! After we had dated for a year, I realized that my Phillip prefers to be called "Phillip", so I don't call him PHEEEL anymore! =)

Have a wonderful weekend in Jesus!
Love, Heather =)

Liz said...

Heather..funny story...although...Julia and Tara actually started calling him Pheel! They called him first and last name across the room most time and it was very humorous. I remember Anthony...met him a youth camp one year at Pell City..his little brother married Shannon C...here in SC...remember her?

The Dickinsons said...

Hey Liz, yes, I forgot about the connection that you would know Wesley because he married Shannon.

I keep forgetting to ask you about how your father-in-law is doing? I heard that his cancer is back and he's not doing well, is that true? Could you email me and let me know. He's such a dear man, I hate to see him suffer. Where is he (they) living now?
dickinsonfam@gmail.com
Love, Heather =)

Liz said...

Heather...i emailed you...no he isn't doing well...

Anonymous said...

Cute post. I can just hear Katy saying those things in her southern accent! I wish you LOTS of wisdom. :)