CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Pell City Memories

Okay girls...don't hate me but I thought these pics were priceless! Excuse my sloppy scanning. I am still learning to use our scanner. Most of these pics were taken at or on our way to Pell City or in surrounding areas. This is at McDonald's on the way to Youth Camp. I took this. L to R: Kayla M, Heather D, Kimberly NI am not really sure what we were thinking in this one. Does anyone remember these toys that were on the McD's playgrounds. I love my out fit! Not! Guess it must have been cool to hang off a hamburger at that time. L to R : Heather D, Kimberly N, Liz B (me), Kayla M

Again...sorry about the sloppy scanning. This is in the Pell City Bible Methodist Campground Dining Hall. L to R: Top-Cheryl V,Liz B(me), Esther R, Guy?, Martha S, bottom-Jane R, David V, Sonja V . I think the year was around '89 or '90, but not sure.


Out on the pavilion at the campground(Snack Shop now). L to R: Esther M, Kayla M, Kim N, Heather D, Martha S, Susan S, The last 2 girls I am not sure I think their names were Holly and Crystal. Martha may know. Crystal and I were actually friends but I lost track of her and I don't remember her last name. Martha do you know her? I think she was from Crandall.



Later years at the Pell City D.Q. during main camp. We got alot out of going to campmeeting as you can see. Nellie S, Kim N, Cleo S, Liz B
Kayla and I in Hobe Sound. Year? Maybe '97 or so?
Kimberly and I at main camp in Pell City. Love my BIG Bangs and what's up with the black crochet vest and pink blouse? I was stylin.......Hope you enjoy these pictures. I love old pictures. I actually love pictures period. My house is full of my favorite framed pictures(probably too many) and I enjoy them immensely. Tootles for now. Let me know what you think.
In our room at youth camp. Esther M, Kim N, Martha S, Heather D, Kayla M, and a little Christa S


Kayla in a hamburger. That is enough said about that. Ha!

14 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Liz, thanks for the neat memories and GOOD laughs! I had fun remembering those pics. Remember you saying...
"Oh, don't you wish you could just run up that Hill?" =D That was a hilarious and fun trip to youth camp!

Love, Heather =)

Liz said...

yeah yeah yeah....i know..I'll never be able to live down that ridiculous comment I made. Like I had never seen a hill. Of course Louisiana isn't known for it's hills ha!

Anita Marie said...

Ah it was fun seeing all those pictures.

Kimberly said...

Too funny...and we thought we were so cool!! But I'm glad we have those pics!
Maybe I can count as the "somebody" in Katy's prayer:)

Kimberly said...

btw, I lovd that dress w/the cream tie...Tara had one, too. I still have it..can't bear to get rid of it, even though so dated now! Just wanted to share, since I was just considering that dress the other day!

Liz said...

Kimberly...Well its pretty and not out of style unlike my outfit in that pic. Of course you can count as the "somebody".

kayla said...

Girl, did we look good or what?
At least you just wanted to run up the hill and not roller skate down it. Thanks Heather!

Queen Essie said...

Oh, girl, I had forgotten how good I looked! Especially with that bow right there front and center on my head! Two main thoughts keep running thru my head - Good Times! and What were we thinking? At least you didn't put up any pictures of Steve! LOL

Liz said...

Ah Essie Rou! So great to hear from you! Let me tell ya..I could have put up some others but I refrained. Kayla..I almost forgot about the skating down the hill incident. Phillip remembers that year!

Kimberly said...

I liked your outfit...very cute:)I think you had really pretty "formal" pics made in it?And you haven't lost your sense of style!

Liz said...

Kimberly...what "formal" pictures? I must have forgotten those....?

kayla said...

By the way, I love the mood created by your background music.
"Life was beautiful then. If you touch me you'll understand what happiness is".

Marty said...

OH LIZ, These are great memories...even thou we all had bad, bad, bad, hair and clothes! Christa was so little in that picture! She's all grown up now and ENGAGED to a Marine!!!

I do know Holly and Crystal. Holly is married with children. Her husband is a preacher!! God is doing great things in her life! Crystal is also a great mom! I haven't heard from her in a few years.

Thanks for taking us down memory lane!! I remember the dare from Heather for Kayla to skate down the hill!!! We all sit and laughed. How mean we were!!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Really enjoyed the pictures!! What neat memories to share with family and friends!!