CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Prayer Request

I was not planning on announcing this news until later but since I would greatly appreciate much prayer on the matter I have decided to tell it.

I found out 1 1/2 weeks ago that I was pregnant. I have been very excited and nervous as I just had a miscarriage 5 months ago at 13 weeks of pregnancy. This is where I come to my special prayer request. I had my second OB visit today and also an ultrasound. The ultrasound dated my pregnancy at 5 weeks instead of the original thought time of 9 weeks. I was quite surprised, the Doctor said this went along with a hormone imbalance I have that causes me to have abnormal ovulation times. I was very nervous though....thinking the worst. I went into Dr. Goodlett's office and he explained to me that I have 2 small "cysts" growing on the placenta that are mysterious for a molar pregnancy. ( for info on this go to: http://parenting.ivillage.com/pregnancy/pcomplications/0,,midwife_8g60,00.html ) He explained this to me and did some lab work to check the hormone levels that go along with this condition. Apparently this is not a viable type of pregnancy in most cases and statistics for having this are like 1/1000. Go figure! He is trying to make sure of this but thinks there is a possibility that this may not be not what I have. It also could be what he called a "venous clot" on the placenta in which case would not present a danger for me or the baby and then I would have a normal and successful pregnancy. I will know for sure when the second quantitative hcg labs come in tomorrow. In order for me to have a normal pregnancy and it not to be "molar" my lab values need to be 1200 or so. If it is a molar pregnancy then they will be sky high somewhere around 20,000 or more. Also on a positive note..he told me that most women with molar pregnancies have extreme nausea and vomiting from the extremely high hormone levels. The sickness is much more extreme than in normal pregnancy. I haven't had any nausea or vomiting as of yet. I ask for your prayers now as I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon for the results of these labs. I am obviously hoping for a normal and healthy pregnancy...but I just want God's will in this situation. I know it will be a difficult thing to endure if it is a molar pregnancy because I will have to have a D&C to remove it. Apparently if not taken care of immediately upon discovery and in the proper way it can lead to uterine cancer. I am trying not to dwell on these things and just hope and pray for the best. I was very excited about being pregnant as because of losing a baby 5 mos ago, but I know God knows best and knows what my future holds and I am just trusting in him. Please pray for me tonight and for my nerves especially!! I appreciate having my blogging friends to depend on! I will give an update tomorrow when I find out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz,
I'm so sorry to hear this kind of news. I'll be praying for you and watching for updates.
Karon

Kimberly said...

Will be praying for you tonight...love, Kimberly

Neugier said...

Hello Liz,

I came across your blog while checking Andrea's. Glad to find you!
Please know that we are praying for you, your family, and your newest little one.

Much care,
Amy Palmer (Haynes)